Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It has been far, far, FAR too long...



Hello world. I would say that I am back, but that would imply that I went somewhere whereas the truth is that I've simply been doing other things and haven't put my blog anywhere near the top of my priorities list. So after a verbal slap on the wrist from a dear friend who says she checks my blog every week to see if it's updated (you know who you are), here I am. Very much alive and as apologetic as ever.

I'll bring you up to date with the main going-ons in my life in a later post, but right now I just want to address the near year and the goals I am making.

*
Post to my blog at least once a month.
The world will be a better place, right?
*
Write a new song every month.
I am more than at liberty to write more than one a month, but if I write 2 in February I still have to write one in March.
*
Read every issue of the 2011 Ensign cover to cover.
I did this two years ago but not last year and I could definitely tell a difference. This is modern day scripture folks. Words from the prophet and apostles. Why would I NOT make this a goal? However, sometimes time management is an issue. So I am taking up a trick I learned from an old roommate: keep a copy in the bathroom. 'Nuff said.
*
Get my album on iTunes.
Check. Yup. I'm on iTunes!
*
Lose the weight I've never been able to.
When a friend, not a parent or a sibling, tells you they think you're great the way you are but they know you want to be more fit and they tell you they think you could drop 5 to 10 pounds easy if you just did at least 30 minutes of cardio 5 times a week... and this friend is a guy... Let's just say something snapped and I am on it.

Rest assured this list will be amended, but for now... it will do. Nothin' but love for ya!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

good for you! and I highly recommend Zumba and strength training. So much more fun than plain cardio and sure to tone you up more quickly :)