Friday, October 21, 2011

I Fix Things!

After rehearsal this evening, I stopped by a friend's new place of residence to say hi and bye and then drive back home. This turned into a tour of the place which turned into me looking out the back window and seeing the church where we rehearsed (yeah, it's that close) which turned into talking for a bit and then I decided to leave. But seeing that I needed to use the facilities and it would be a few minutes before I got home, my host was kind enough to let me use the clearly marked restroom. Sadly, as I went to wash my hands the water stream that came out of the faucet was dismal. Nigh unto a dribble. I think I let out some sort of exclamation because after finally deeming my hands clean I walked out and my friend acknowledged the sorry state of the water and its pressure. So what do I do? I promptly ask if he has pliers. Tuh-duh! A leatherman. Or something like it. Anyhow, I fixed the problem and taught him how to do so. But then we just went on a fixing frenzy! At one point he even got to use the skills he learned by fixing the water pressure in the kitchen faucet. Well done, sir. Well. Done. So yup. I fix things. And I love to do it.

No comments: