Sunday, January 10, 2010

I Love You Whitney Etta


It's Sunday and I should be getting ready for church. But instead I have chosen to procrastinate a few moments and write. My parents just left to take my sister Whitney to the airport. I fully intended to go until mum pointed out that they wouldn't be getting back till 2pm at the earliest and I am clearly not ready for church, so there that went.

I love my sister. So much. I love to laugh with her, talk with her, listen to her, watch movies with her, make fun of life with her, eat with her, travel with her, drink nasty green smoothies with her (seriously, you put way too much broccoli in those)... Neither of us are perfect, but I miss her daily when we're part - or even when we're in the same house but she's quarantined - and I would do anything for her.

Photo M. Worthen (Whitney & Megan - Statue of Liberty 2007)

But alas, she is now on her way back to California. My heart is sore and my eyes are rather red. We rarely get to see each other, but at least I have the comfort in that she's my sister and I have her for eternity.

Okay. My time is up! I have to now be wise: blow my nose, wipe my tears, be a man, rub some dirt in it... or something like that. Today's Sunday School lesson is "Thou Wast Chosen Before Thou Wast Born." How true and how blessed am I to have such a wonderful, funny, and beautiful spirit chosen to be my sister. And how lovely that I have and will know her forever.

2 comments:

Whitney Worthen said...

I miss you Megan Myrta. Being home with you was SOOOO much fun. I miss laughing with you more than you know. You really are incredible and I know that you can do anything you want (...you know...as long as you put your mind to it...blah blah blah...what? Nothin.).

Enjoy being home. I know everything happens for a reason. And you've got something to give there. Maybe this is more personal than just a "comment," but whateva.

I adore you.

Anna said...

Awesome blog, Meg! Look forward to following you.