Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Excuses, Excuses (But I'm Back!)

Hello there. Remember me? I know. I know. We're already in mid-April and not one post in 2012 from yours truly. Well allow me to remedy that...

Why I've been seemingly absent from the das Blog:

1) I'm in showbiz!


But seriously, I auditioned for community theatre back in October, actually got cast and have been auditioning and doing shows ever since. Let me just say it's been so fun. I forgot how much I really do love performing. I am working with ManeStage Theatre in Sumner and have had the opportunity thus far to be in "A Christmas Carol: the Broadway Musical" (Mrs. Fezziwig/dance corps), "The Wizard of Oz" - (Glinda), "Narnia! The Musical (Phoenix, u/s White Witch), and now I'm currently in production for "You Can't Take It with You" (Essie Carmichael). I love it. All of it. It is definitely a saving grace in my rather random life.
2) I got a puppy!


Yup. I live alone with my closest family members in Arizona (the rest in California, Washington, D.C., and Africa). So after my sister Anna came to visit me in December, I think she felt bad for me and decided that I need a dog. So for Christmas she and my other sister Lindsey decided to give me one. Enter Fiona. And for any of you who have or ever have had a dog... you know. I am so thankful for her, though, and my sisters were right on the money. I definitely needed her and am happy to have her as a part of my family.

So there they are. My lame excuses. But I am back. And don't worry. I'll make it up to you.


Nothing but love for ya!

No comments: