Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ahhhh! Ha-hahhhh! Ah-ah-ahahahahahahhhhhhh! (That's singing...)


Sometimes I feel like Aurora. You know, Sleeping Beauty, with all her woodland friends...

As I was leaving for work this morning, I walked onto my front porch this morning and was greated by this gianormous mallard on my lawn with his lady duck friend about 30 to 40 feet behind him.

Photo by M. Worthen (Mr. Mallard and his Lady Friend - 1206 Firland Drive)*


He just stared at me. I kind of felt like a deer in the headlights. Who knew that mallards had such a hypnotic stare... Well, unfortunately, I did not have time to engage in a favorite past time of mine with my nature friends (staring contests, in case you were wondering). So instead I broke the trance and said, "Well good morning to you, too, Mr. Mallard." Then I went on my way and he went back to being guardian of the lawn. Fist-pump in the air to you, Mr. Mallard.


*If you've never seen my lawn in person, it is not small. So for reference, the white speck is the duck's chest, the brown spot up and slightly to the right of him near the edge of the lawn is his lady friend, and over in the top left hand corner something that resembles a squirrel is actually a bench. Notice that you could probably sit about 3 of him on the bench. He was huge but beautiful.

No comments: