Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chart Notes: Geriatrically Punked


Every once in a while, I have the opportunity to help the patients in the back. And every once in a while, the patients play tricks on me. "But aren't most of them old?" you may ask. Yes. Yes they are. Especially on Mondays and Tuesdays. Today was extra special, however. I took a patient in the back and got him situated in his chair. We'll call him... Bud. Normally I'll remove their socks and shoes (stay with me - don't get grossed out) and talk with them for a bit. Well Bud took off his right shoe before I had a chance. Spry, that one. However, he left his left shoe on. So I asked him if we were just looking at the right foot or if we were taking care of both today. He says, "Actually yes. I could use a trim on that one, too." So as I start untying his shoe he pulls up his pant leg slowly. Getting fresh? No. Pranking me? Absolutely. He didn't have a leg! I was blushing and he was laughing. Heartily. J Oh Bud. Thank you. I needed that. Good times...

No comments: