Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Next 10 Days


In case you haven't heard me mention this before, starting Monday, November 7th I will be doing The Master Cleanse. It's part of my regimen in training for a marathon (which is going abysmally by the way but I'm not giving up!). The cleanse can last anywhere from 10 to 40 days and include such fun things as salt water flushes, senna tea, lemon juice, grade B maple syrup, lots of water and herbal tea, and my favorite... cloves! (This stint, however, I will only be on the cleanse for 10 days because let's face it - it's the holidays and I want to at least taste the smells I'll be experiencing.) I've done it before so I know what to expect. Now, for those of you who are familiar with The Master Cleanse you either think I'm crazy or have your own personal testimony of it's positive effects. So let me just say the reason why I am doing it is to detox my body and get rid of bad habits (aka living off of fast food - bad... bad... bad...). It is true that weight loss is a side-effect, but it's not lasting. Changes in one's diet and exercise routine have to be made in order for any lasting effects to occur. And yes, this is the same "Lemonade Diet" that Beyonce used to prepare for her role in Dream Girls. But I digress. I will keep a log for you and post at the end of the cleanse. Till then, peace out and happy cleansing!



1 comment:

Clare14 said...

Oh man, I did that once but only really made it through one day. I got to the salt water flush and on the last gulp lost it. I couldn't do that again after that. Bit I think its great that you are doing it as well as preparing for a marathon. You rock Megan. :D