Friday, March 5, 2010

Down the White Rabbit's Hole


Dinah is the name of Alice's cat. In case you were wondering.

Anyhow, I figured I would watch the 1951 cartoon version of Alice in Wonderland before going to see the 2010 Tim Burton version of Alice in Wonderland. Let me tell you, it was fun. And it took me back to so many of the Disney classics because of the voices that haunt that old film.

For example, the Dodo (as well as the White Rabbit for that matter) is the same voice as King Hubert in Sleeping Beauty (Bill Thompson). And the Cheshire Cat? Yeah. That's Sterling Holloway. Who's that you ask? Just Winnie the Pooh. And the Queen of Hearts is also the Fairy Godmother from Cinderella and the Mad Hatter is Uncle Albert from Mary Poppins... I could go on but I will refrain.

So along with the psychedelic realization that Disney wisely recycles their employees (if anyone reading has the power, my dream is to be a Disney voice - I'm just sayin'), I absolutely loved watching the movie again. And let me tell you, I am so excited for the continuation. Oh yes. Tim Burton's new addition is not a reboot but rather a Disney-endorsed continuation of their original animated film. It's Alice a bit older going back to Wonderland to take care of some bidniss. The fact that I am a Burton fan (fell for his work with the first Keaton Batman film) and a Johnny Depp fan (can you say 21 Jump Street?) only adds to the anticipation.

And by the way, I will be purchasing a ticket for this experience. So here's to creepy smiling cats and, awesome colors, and croquette. Cheers.

1 comment:

The Bellyakers... said...

We loved it too! Thoroughly enjoyed it! Took the kiddos and all... great fun.