Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Olympic-ness


My parents and I have been watching the Olympics. We DVR them every night (yes, I just made DVR a verb), and if I don't climb right into bed after work, we'll watch the parts we like. Well, today was another 12 hour day at the office, so after eating dinner whilst viewing an episode of White Collar, we turned on some Olympic Games. We were at the event where a skier goes down a hill and sails through the air. It reminded me of those old - I mean like early 1980's - computer games where you used the arrows on the keyboard to control the angle of the skis... Anyhow, the name of the event escaped me. This exchange ensued:

Me: Hey Dad, what's the name of this event?
Dad: Ski flying.

He was dead serious and I was laughing so hard it was silent for at least 2 minutes. No joke. My sides are still a bit sore. Pam (my mother) was more vocal, reminiscent of a rather delightful hyena. Poor papa. Happy Olympics, everyone. Enjoy some ski flying.

1 comment:

The Bellyakers... said...

That is H-Y-S-T-E-R-I-C-A-L!!! I can't wait to show this blog entry to Britton!!!