Monday, March 29, 2010

My Froggy Friend


My mum enlisted my voice for the Multi-Stake Easter Concerts this year. Well after our last concert last night and after dropping my friend Jonathan Fowles off at home, I noticed something hopping across the street... In the dark... In front of my car... So I slammed on the brakes expecting to find nothing and instead found this guy...

Photo by A. McKeown (Froggy right before I set him free to be with his other ribbetting friends in the trees outside)

...just looking up at me. So I put my hand out and he hopped right on. Naturally I put him in the car and immediately drove home. Every 5 minutes or so I turn the light on to see if I could find him, fully expecting him to be hidden under the passenger seat or lost forever in one of those yucky crevices that pennies get stuck in. Oh no. I turned the light on and he was chillin' on the passenger floor mat, enjoying the ride apparently. Turn the light on quite a bit later - still in the same place. When I got home, I put my hand down and he jumped right on. I took him inside and introduced my new friend to my mum, dad, sister Anna, and brother-in-law Greg. I told them how Froggy and I met and then a photo shoot ensued.

Photo by A. McKeown (Meggie & Froggy)

Well Froggy, I'm glad I slammed on the brakes and that we met. That you got to meet some of my family. That you are now dwelling in the trees around my house. Sadly you were not waiting to be turned back into your human princely self with a kiss, but you are a prince to me nonetheless. Mwah.


No comments: